Thursday, February 4, 2010

Random Happenings

Heading to sunny (I hope) Phoenix today for a weekend get-away. Good luck to our house/dog-sitter. He has plenty of dog treats to spare his life so that the dog will eat the treats instead of him...

Airport fast food - ugh. Will try to avoid it. My bag is loaded with Kashi granola bars, nuts and dried fruit. Going to a super-nice Hawiian Fusion Steakhouse Friday night for dinner - can't wait! Not to mention a superbowl party at my aunts house. There should be plenty of food and beverages on hand.
BTW - Cookinglight.com has some great superbowl recipes for the weekend. They say that Superbowl Sunday is the second highest food consumption day (second to Thanksgiving of course). Wow. (Go Saints)

OK, so Heather Kendrick (host of the show: Living Local) just stopped by my office. (She gave her permission for me to share this wonderful bit of news.) Her weigh-in today...she just hit the 20 pound weight loss mark!!!! After a bit of jumping up and down and high-fiving she's thrilled and so am I. What a fun client she has been -great job Heather.

Last night in Weight Management Support Group we talked about metabolism. I'm so proud of this group. They have really jumped on board the weight loss band wagon. Everyone is doing so well. It's easy to forget that in order for your metabolism to work, you have to feed it. If you eat too few calories, you won't get very far. Another trick is to spread out your calories evenly. Over-eating at one setting promotes fat storage, and who on earth wants to be a fat-storer? A sure way to help your metabolism is weight-training. Metabolism lowers through the years more due to muscle loss rather than age alone. So do your best to keep and maintain your muscle mass! I can hardly type right now, as one of our personal trainers has gotten a hold of me this past week to help my poor deflated muscle mass. It's a good pain and I'm already feeling stronger! If you ever even considered getting a personal trainer - its soooo worth it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about a personal trainer...one that would train for me :) J/K. Thanks for the insight. I will be getting a trainer for myself, soon. Missy

    ReplyDelete